Sunday, July 27, 2008

A few photos while they break




Top photo: Michael Cheevers, SFUO employee, U of O activist, and generally a pretty pro-CFS guy. Expect him to vote yes.
Second above: Ryan Kennery, Mr. Anti-CFS at the University of Ottawa.
Third photo: Richard Mah's proxy. Richard Mah is known to be anti-CFS, and the proxy tried to bring it to the first point.

The Board just took a break... The exec is meeting outside of the room with the Chair... Some members are complaining about the length of this meeting and someone has said "Why don't we just call the questions?"

PHOTOS COURTESY OF FRANK APPLEYARD, THE CFS VOTE BLOG EXCLUSIVE.

1 comment:

Richard Mah said...

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that I'm anti-cfs. I'd wager that I'm pro-students. As much as I'm all for power in numbers, I'm quite hesitant to go running head first into something like the CFS.

The CFS' claims of victory just sound too vague to me. I mean, how can you claim a tuition freeze to be wholly attributable to one group? Unless its specifically said by the people who put these things into place that, "I was shown the light by the Canadian Federation of Students and have thrown off my capitalist ways and have frozen tuition fees for the good of all," you really can't make any solid claims.

And besides, where does my membership money go? I mean, specifically in hard dollars and cents. Playing with hypothetical dollars doesn't really fly with me.